We are a certified state vehicle inspection service
Luke’s Auto Repair Service does North Carolina State Vehicle Inspections. If you need a NC vehicle inspection stop by or call us to make an appointment.
If your vehicle passes the North Carolina safety inspection, we issue an inspection sticker plus a receipt with following info: station information, results of inspection, and your inspection information. This information is added into the DMV’s vehicle registration database.
Vehicles owned and operated in the Outer Banks including Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills, Kitty Hawk, Southern Shores, Duck, Corolla and Hatteras should pass the North Carolina state vehicle inspection if the following items pass the inspection…
NC Vehicle State Inspection Requirements include:
- Brakes, including the parking brake
- All lights (headlights, tail, brake, plate lights, and turn signals)
- All lights must be mounted properly and have no cracks in the lenses.
- Headlights must be properly aimed
- The horn must work and be firmly mounted with no frayed wires
- All springs and steering mechanisms must work
- Windshield wipers must function, blades must be in good condition
- Aftermarket window tints = light transmittance of 32% or greater
- All rear-view mirrors must be mounted properly and adjustable
- All tires must be in good condition, with at least 2/32 inch tread depth